Pirie Jones Grossman is a certified Life Coach, TEDx speaker, influencer, best-selling author, and co-founder and co-host of the hit podcast, “Own Your Throne.” She has pooled the step with Deepak Chopra, Elisabeth Gilbert, Marianne Williamson, Kris Carr, His Sacredness the Dalai Lama, and Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor. She was freshly given the title of #1 Life Empowerment Coach by Yahoo Finance.
Additionally, Pirie is also the originator of “Love is Louder” together with suicide survivor Kevin Hines. Which is a brain health conference focusing on teenage unhappiness and suicide, which resulted in her TEDx talk entitled “How to Heal a Community from Suicide.”
Here are ten facts about Pirie Jones Grossman’s life:
- She was born in Texas and was a Texas Beauty Queen.
- The famous American singer Johnny Cash was her Godfather.
- She graduated from Oral Robert’s University with a Bachelor’s degree in business and a minor in music. Believe it or not, she went back to school to get her Master’s in Spiritual Psychology at the University of Santa Monica when she was in her 50s.
- She is a mother of two teenagers; A son and a daughter, who are both ski racers. Her son is a professional ski racer who’s training hard to be part of the US Ski Team.
- She lives in Sun Valley, Idaho.
- Pirie used to live in Los Angeles, CA, where she worked at E! Entertainment Television. She recalled, “I was one of the original hosts that started E! My favorite actor whom I interviewed was Gregory Peck. And I kissed him on camera! Well, Jane Fonda, who I interviewed prior, said he was a good kisser! Well, guess what? She was right!”
- She went back to school for a two-year Master’s program in Spiritual Psychology, not to become a coach but to forgive her mother. Pirie admitted, “I was raised by a schizophrenic mother who was very abusive. I was married four times because I was looking for love OUTSIDE of myself. I learned how to love myself, and that’s when my world changed.”
Before proceeding to the next facts, here are some of Pirie’s favorite quotes about Self Love and what it REALLY means.
“My scars repeat me that I did certainly survive my earnest wounds. That in himself is an achievement. And they transport to mind somewhat else, too. They prompt me that the impairment life has perpetrated on me has, in many places, left me stouter and more resilient. What miffed me in the past has completed me more irrepressible to face the contemporary.” – PJG.
“To love ourselves means to love our imperfections as much as our perfections.” – PJG.
“️People can trust someone who takes care of themselves and has a sense of self-love much more than someone who doesn’t. We are mirrors for one another. Which one do you want to see your reflection in?” – PJG.
“Loving yourself…does not mean being self-absorbed or narcissistic or disregarding others. Rather it means welcoming yourself as the most honored guest in your own heart, a guest worthy of respect, a lovable companion.” – Margo Anand.
Now, back to the next facts:
- Pirie has just recently finished her autobiography, and she’s actively looking for a literary agent and publisher.
- She worked with His Holiness, the Dalai Lama, for two years. And produced a children’s day of compassion at an event in Sun Valley, Idaho, where over 10,000 children attended.
- She has a thriving empowerment life coaching business that primarily focuses on women. Pirie helps them recreate their lives and get unstuck in areas that are holding them back from fulfilling their dreams.