One can explain the poker rules to a beginner in five minutes – and they will be able to play. In 2004, an amateur won the Texas Hold’em World Championship. He started with four dollars. After that, the popularity of this game skyrocketed. Since that time, many professional players have appeared leaving all newbies with nothing. Today, playing poker becomes a comprehensive task, which should be approached with all responsibility.
Restrictions and Methods of Bypassing Them
If you want to start playing online poker, consider the following issues:
- Banning money transfers between players and game organizers. In such a case, gamblers use alternative methods of money withdrawal – e-wallets, cryptocurrency, etc. To find out if a particular casino supports the convenient payment method, you can read the reviews. For example, in the Zodiac Casino review, it is clearly stated which payment methods the platform provides.
- Blocking gambling sites. Officially, some countries prohibit online gambling. However, there is always a possibility to bypass the restrictions with the help of proxy or VPN. However, there is always a risk to completely lose access to the site, and then it will be much more difficult to withdraw money from the account. There is no responsibility for the players: it is forbidden to organize games, but not play.
For the game, you need a poker client – a program that allows you to play. These programs usually differ in the quality of service. For those at the top of the rating, nothing interrupts the game, and the interface is clear and convenient. All clients from the top ten have a multi-language mode. The software is always free – this is a step towards attracting players.
How to Start Playing?
So, what do you need if you have chosen a site and decided to play online poker?
- Learn the rules of the particular type of poker;
- Download the client and register. To register, you need to indicate a name, surname and address, phone number, and email. It is not necessary to link the card immediately. For monetary verification, they sometimes ask to send a passport photo and, for example, a utility bill. This is needed to verify the address.
- There is a game for virtual coins. You can play with other users who prefer not to spend real money.
- Replenish your account. Usually, the minimum amount is $5-10. The commission of the site, as a rule, is about 10%.
You can start playing for money, but not invest your own. There are freeroll tournaments with the prize pool formed from third-party sponsors or the site. The prize pool is usually smaller, but it is a possibility to gain experience.
There is also a backing service when the company gives you money to participate in the game. A certain percentage will have to be given to the backer. For example, the backer takes from 9 to 25% of the winnings – the player gets the rest. Enjoy!