In case you have a wish to sell your software on the AWS Marketplace, there are some required steps that you need to follow. First, you need to register yourself as a seller, and then you can go for the further processes.
So, let’s get some basic idea about the seller requirements for publishing free software products. Apart from How to sell on AWS market place and Why to sell on the AWS marketplace, this thing is also vital.
Seller Requirements For Publishing Free Software Products
It does not matter whether you are charging for your product or not. But when you are offering them in the AWS marketplace, that means you are selling them. Though the cost of the customers is $0, for the use of the products, your customers and you are agreeing to a mutual contact.
- Sell full-feature production-ready, publicly available software.
- Have a defined support organization along with customer support processes.
- For keeping software free of vulnerabilities and updated regularly, provide a means.
- When ranking your products in the AWS marketplace, make sure that you are going through all the guidelines and best practices.
- In the terms and conditions, meet the requirements for AWS marketplace sellers. Along with this, be an AWS customer in better standing.
How You Can Earn Money By Selling Your Software On AWS Marketplace
Here is a step-by-step guide to earning money by selling your software on the AWS marketplace. So, let’s get started.
You can innovate your flexibility because of your solution as Data, Container, AMI, or Saas. And This way, you will be able to make it available for all customers across the globe or even in some specific countries.
- You need to go through all the product types that are supported on the AWS marketplace.
- You are also required to focus on products. And at the same time, the AWS marketplace will manage collections, billing, metering, and payment disbursement.
- For you, numerous pricing options are supported by the AWS marketplace. And this includes long-term commitment plans, pay-as-you-go, and BOYL, or bring your own license plans.
Now is the time to grow the demands of the solutions that you have listed in the AWS marketplace. And in order to do that, you need to focus on converting, engaging, and reaching your prospective buyers.
- For developing and executing campaigns using the self-service AWS marketplace, you need to build your GTM foundation.
- You need to now accelerate your GTM execution. And for this, you will get assistance from flexible GTM support, custom and standardized demand generation packages.
- Here, there is a need to scale your growth. For that, you have resources, programmatic access to GMT investments, and AWS-led campaign inclusion.
This is the time to reduce friction and accelerate transaction time in the procurement process. But these are not the only things that you need to take care of. This is the most vital part, so you have to be more careful here.
- Through private offers, you need licensing agreement terms, payment schedules, and customized prices. With standardized license terms, it is needed to accelerate procurement.
- For selling your solutions, expand your reach with the help of pestering consulting partners. Consulting partners have the ability to customize license terms, pricing along with providing additional services that they wish to include.
- In order to keep up with the changing needs of business, you are required to seamlessly upgrade and also renew existing SaaS contracts.
Keep in mind all these things while you are going to sell your software on the AWS marketplace. You need to be very particular and specific for a better outcome. In addition to that, fulfilling all the criteria is equally important.