Online Slots Games that remain popular over the years
There’s something humans revere about longevity. If something remains in the public consciousness for a period of time, it enters our psyche as something “classic” or “legendary”. You only have to think about Roger Federer or Rafa Nadal as tennis players, The Rolling Stones’ musical career or the Barcelona team under Guardiola that won nearly everything in front of them year after year.
Popularity plus Success multiplied by Time equals Classic.
This is also true for online slots. There are some online slots games out there that have been around a long time, but they’re still popular today. But why? It’s simple really. They’ve become classics using the above formula.
If something doesn’t stand up to scrutiny, it won’t be successful in the short-term. Therefore, all the mediocre slots games out there don’t last long periods of time. They’re recycled and disappear, replaced by better versions and newer content. It’s evolution in its simplest form, learn about mobile games.
What are some of the oldest games that have last the pace?
1) Gladiator – Released in 2014 and designed by Playtech, the Gladiator slot game features 5 reels with 25 pay lines. There are two bonus features, both of which can offer lucrative winnings. There’s also a gamble feature where you can try to double up your payout after a winning spin.
2) Age of the Gods – The Age of the Gods slot is powered by Playtech and has 5 reels and 20 paylines. Minimum wagering amount is 20p per spin on all devices, so it’s extremely accessible. This classic slot can pay out up to 50,000x your stake per free spin.
3) Frankie Dettori’s Magic Seven – Playtech’s slot game is dedicated to celebrating legendary jockey Frankie Dettori and his famous “Magic Seven” achievement on British Champion’s Day at Ascot in 1996 when he rode all seven winners on the card. The aim of the game is to line up three or more of the same symbols. The grand prize comes in the form of five Frankie headshots. Landing this will reel gives you the huge prize of 7777x your stake.
4) Deal or No Deal – This Gamesys slot is a spin-off from the TV show which is great for beginner online gamblers. Players can choose to “Deal” and take the offer during a spin, or “No Deal”, rejecting it.
By choosing the first option, players will win a certain amount of money. By choosing the second option, they will take whatever lands on the reels.
5) Beach Life – Another Playtech choice, Beach Life tries to offer us escapism to the beach all year round. There are some great bonus rounds with instant prizes and a 100,000x maximum prize by lining up five Wilds.
But that’s not all, Beach Life also has a progressive jackpot. If players land the Wild combination while spinning on a maximum bet, they will win the mega prize.
So there it is. Some of the most popular slots games out there have been around for a number of years. It’s not always the sparkly new games that hog the headlines. Just like a fine wine, some old ones really are best.