OST to PST Converter Software for OST issues: EdbMails Product Review
In this product review, we’ll look at the popular EdbMails OST to PST software, which is used to recover and convert most inaccessible OST files. With this application you can directly extract and convert inaccessible OST files to Outlook PST format for ease of use and accessibility. This utility extracts and transforms data including emails, attachments, documents, files, contacts, and calendars. OST files can become inaccessible for a variety of reasons, making it difficult for users to recover their data; however, as we will see, this program extracts data from inaccessible OST files and converts it to other useful file formats.
Table of contents
- EdbMails OST to PST Converter Features
- Software Installation
- Converting Outlook OST files to PST files
- Launching the application.
- Selecting the OST file from your computer.
- Recovering the OST file
- Selecting the required mail items
- The actual conversion procedure.
- Review and make any necessary changes
- Save the files on your computer
- Migration progress and completion
- Examining the results of the conversion
- Final Review Verdict
You should use Windows 10, 11, 8.1, 8, or 7 in combination with EdbMails to achieve the ideal results. This OST converter software is additionally compatible with MS Outlook, Exchange 2019, 2016, 2013, and the majority of older versions. Furthermore, the developers of this utility recommend at least 512 MB of memory, with 4GB being the ideal, as well as at least 20-30MB of free hard disk space for installing the software and sufficient space for storing the converted PST. You will also need to install MS Outlook on your system if you are converting the contents to PST. This is not necessary if you intend to import the contents to Office 365 or an Exchange server.
EdbMails OST to PST Converter Features
Some of the most important characteristics of this software are as follows:
- This software perfectly extracts all of the mail items.
- Setting it up and using it requires little to no technical knowledge.
- Ideal solution for transferring your data to a new account.
- Its main highlights are precision, accuracy with no data loss.
- Enables you to select specific emails based on a variety of criteria.
- Converts OST data into a variety of file formats, including PST, HTML, EML and MHT.
- Organized hierarchy of messages which improves readability and access.
- Convert OST without experiencing file size issues or limitations.
- Supports converting encrypted OST files without needing any key.
- Facility to import mail contents directly to Office 365 and Exchange.
- Splits and compresses huge PST files to make them easier to manage.
After discussing the extensive features of EdbMails OST converter software, let’s take a closer look at it to get a better sense of its utility and efficiency.
The installation procedure is super easy to complete. You only need to follow the on screen instructions as with any Windows software.
- Visit the official EdbMails website to download the software. It’s a 30MB file that takes about 2 minutes to download on a typical fast internet connection.
2. To begin, double-click the downloaded Setup.exe file, which will launch the installation wizard in a new window.
3. Proceed by accepting the terms and conditions of the licensing agreement
4. The Setup wizard will take care of the rest of the installation process for you.
You’ll be ready to launch the converter in no time by following these simple steps. In the upcoming section, we’ll go over how to convert OST files to PST format in detail.
Converting Outlook OST files to PST files
- Launching the application.
When you launch the EdbMails software, a new window will open with a professional blue interface asking you to select one of two options. If you are a new user and want to try out the tool, click the Start Your Free Trial button. If you have purchased a working license, enter your login credentials to access the software. EdbMails does not require a serial activation key to be activated. The license is linked to the unique email address you provide when making a purchase. It’s also worth noting that EdbMails houses all of the recovery, migration, and conversion utilities in a single application. This shortens the installation process and does not necessitate permissions for multiple software installations. The free version allows you to test all of the options and features at your leisure, while the full-featured version is dependent on the license plan you choose.
2. Selecting the OST file from your computer
If you prefer an OST conversion, select the OST to PST, Office 365, and Exchange operation from the main interface. Next, navigate to the OST file you want to convert on your computer’s hard drive and let the software recover the contents. If you’re wondering where to look for the OST file, it’s usually in C:Drive>User Folder>AppData, and then inside the Microsoft Folder. Before using this OST in EdbMails, make a backup of it.
3. Recovering the OST file
The software begins the recovery process, and displays all the contents in an organized hierarchical format. We tested with a 10 GB OST file and it could recover the contents within a few minutes.
4. Selecting the required mail items
Following the recovery process, the main interface displays all of the mail items on the left pane. When you select it, it displays the individual mail items in the form of a list on the right pane. The bottom pane displays the mail items, which you can read. This interface is very similar to Outlook, which is great for those who are already familiar with the Outlook format.
5. The actual conversion procedure.
There are numerous conversion options available, including HTML, EML, PST, MHT, Office 365, and Exchange. You can convert individual mail items in the right pane to HTML, EML, and MHT formats by clicking on them. You can export to Outlook PST, migrate to Office 365, or use live Exchange from the bottom pane.
6. Review and make any necessary changes
After you have selected one of the conversion options from the bottom pane, review the selected items and make any necessary changes here. There are also filter settings which will help you select only the mail items and folders for conversion.
7. Save the files on your computer
Browse for the location where you want to save the PST. (If you chose the Export to PST option.) In case you have selected the Office 365 or live Exchange operation, navigate the corresponding windows, select the target mailboxes, and begin the import process
8. Migration progress and completion
When everything is finished, the conversion or migration process starts, and a progress window appears. Following the completion of the conversion, the software displays a message, and you can view the entire conversion log history by clicking on the View Log button at the bottom. The time it will take to complete will be determined by the size of the OST file and the number of mailboxes you have. Once the entire PST file is available to you, import it into MS Outlook to view all the contents.
Examining the results of the conversion
So far, we’ve examined the tool’s capabilities and shown how to use it. The big question has now been posed to us. What is the utility’s performance when compared to other OST to PST converter tools?
Here are some of the most noteworthy features that our reviewers found appealing.
- Users will find the UI to be intuitive and user-friendly.
- It was beneficial to have the option of converting to multiple formats.
- EdbMails is simple to use and does not necessitate any prior technical knowledge.
- The preview window was extensive and assisted in converting only the messages that were selected.
- It was successful in extracting data from corrupted and inaccessible OST files that were unable to be accessed by email programs.
- EdbMails software provides 24×7 customer support, a free personalized live demo, and a free trial version so that you can get a complete picture of the software even before you use it.
- Multiple software tools in a single application, such as Exchange to Office 365 migration, EDB, OST, NSF, MBOX, and much more, are available in a single convenient location for quick access.
Final Review Verdict
Overall, the EdbMails OST converter software utility is a well-developed and comprehensive application that was designed with the needs of the user in mind, and it is highly recommended for both IT administrators and personal users. It is simple to convert large OST files to PST and other file formats using this software, allowing the contents to be accessed more quickly and conveniently. The complex logic running behind the scenes was hidden by a simple user interface, and the preview frame added a nice touch to the overall look and feel of the application. Overall, this is a very beneficial software tool that will undoubtedly be useful to anyone who needs to extract and convert data from large orphaned Outlook data files.
There’s good news for Exchange and Office 365 users who are looking to centralize and manage their signatures for their organization. Sigsync is the best company wide Office 365 email signature manager that allows you to neatly manage all your signatures from one single dashboard. It is a cloud-based service which means that there are no installations, special permissions or complexities involved. You can access the service from almost anywhere just with a modern web browser. Email signatures are very useful to promote your brand, schedule specific marketing campaigns for different customers or promote your product using social media icons and analytics. All these are possible with Sigsync and it is very cost effective with prices starting at 99$ per month for 100 mailboxes. If you are interested to know more about Sigsync, visit the official website from the link above.