How To Crack IBPS Clerk Exam?
The competition among the candidates for getting posts in the banks is increasing day by day. The exams for the posts of Clerks are conducted by the IBPS – Institute Of Banking Personnel Selection. They have deduced a notification that there are only 5830 vacancies due to this, the number of aspirants applying for this exam is rising and it is becoming harder to clear this exam.
The post of Clerks is one of the highest-paid posts in the banks. If candidates are selected for this, then they will be paid well. As the employee continues to work, then the IBPS Clerk Salary increases gradually for him. The starting salary for the IBPS Clerk is Rs. 11765 and the maximum salary for this post is Rs. 31540.
As it is not easy to crack the IBPS Clerk Exam on the first attempt, competitors have to make an effective strategy to start their preparation. With a better study plan, they can easily score well in this examination.
Read this article as it will help you to pass this examination and will provide you with some general preparation tips to crack the IBPS Clerk Exam in the first attempt.
The IBPS Clerk Exam’s Curriculum.
For getting hired as the clerk, aspirants have to clear Prelims exams as well as the Mains exam. They have to be well-versed with the curriculum for both examinations.
- Syllabus For Prelims Exam – The topics from which the questions come in this exam are discussed below:
- Mathematical Analysis
- Logical Reasoning
- English Proficiency
- Syllabus For Mains Exam –Following are the topics from which the questions are asked in this exam:
- Computer and Reasoning Ability
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Financial/ General Awareness
- English Language
Blueprint of the Clerk Examination.
The exam pattern will help a lot in preparing for the examinations.
Prelims Exam Pattern.
The types of questions asked in this exam are MCQs.
- The number of questions asked in the English section is 30. 1 mark is allotted to each question and candidates have to complete this part in 20 minutes.
- Section B is the Quantitative Aptitude. The maximum marks of this part are 35 marks. Aspirants have to solve 35 questions in 20 minutes.
- Reasoning Ability is Section C of the paper. 20 minutes are given to complete this section. It contains 35 questions and the maximum marks are 35 marks.
Mains Exam Pattern.
There are 4 sections in the examination paper of the Mains Exam.
- The first part of this paper is Logical Reasoning and Computer Aptitude. It comprises 50 questions with a maximum mark of 60. The time duration assigned to complete this section is 45 minutes.
- The English Proficiency section has a total of 40 questions which are 1 mark each (total of 40 marks). In 35 minutes, contenders have to finish this part.
- The next section is Mathematical Ability. This portion is of 50 marks having 50 questions. 45 minutes are allotted to complete the questions of this part.
- Part D of this exam paper is General and Financial Awareness. 50 questions of 50 marks are included in this section. Candidates should try to complete this part in 35 minutes.
Various Resources For Studying And Practicing.
After going through the course and exam pattern, aspirants have to choose the right learning materials for themselves. They should buy books to practice each topic coming in this exam. They can also opt for paid online courses. These study materials will assist them in better preparation.
Do Analyze Yourselves.
If students think that they are done with everything, then they are wrong. They should test themselves on how much they have understood. They can solve mock tests to check whether they are done with their proper preparation or not. Also, this technique will enable them to know about their weak topics.
Arrival Of The Examination.
Revision is the best option when the examination day arrives. Students must go through the notes they have prepared before the examination day. They should avoid learning and practicing new concepts. Proper sleep of 7 to 8 hours can help them to feel refreshed at the time of examination. They should stay calm and memorize what they have studied.
Finishing Exam On Time.
While attempting the question paper, candidates should try to manage their time. They should distribute the given time to solve each section completely. If they do so, then they will be able to complete the paper on time. In addition to that, they should concentrate on their accuracy too. Answering the questions by guessing can affect their result.
Topic Or Subject Wise Preparation Tips.
English Language Section.
- Learn and practice general grammar rules to solve questions based on tenses, verbs, adjectives, etc.
- Competitors should try to develop their reading skills. They can do this by reading newspapers daily.
- They should centralize their vocabulary to answer the questions, idioms, phrases, comprehension, etc.
Calculative Ability Portion.
- It is the section that contains the questions of Mathematics. The topics included in this are number series, time, distance, work, quadratic equations, etc.
- Candidates can work out on previous years’ question papers to increase their calculation power.
- Practice all the basic theories and learn important formulas.
Section Of Reasoning Ability.
- The most significant and scoring section is the Logical Reasoning section.
- It consists of the following topics: alphabet series, coding-decoding, theme detection, puzzles, etc.
- To get through with this part, aspirants must practice solving some sample papers.
Portion Of Financial and General Awareness.
- It is considered the easiest section to score good marks.
- Contenders should be aware of the general, banking, social, economic, etc events taking place in the country and the world.
- Magazines, social media, televisions and newspapers can help students to know about current affairs.
Computer Aptitude Section.
- In comparison with other sections, it is also quite easy to attempt all the questions of this section.
- The crucial topics which are included in this portion are the basics of Ms Office, operation system functions, basic knowledge of hardware and software elements of a computer, internet protocols, etc.
- The best strategy to prepare this section is that aspirants should learn all the abbreviations and shortcut keys of a computer.visit here to know more information : gogoanime